The College of Policing (CoP) was established in 2012 as the professional body for everyone who works for the police service in England and Wales. The purpose of the CoP is to provide those working in policing with the skills and knowledge necessary to prevent crime, protect the public, and secure public trust.
The College was seeking a partner to build a leadership and management eco-system for everyone working in policing. This included providing unrestricted access to leadership and management qualifications (at Level 6, 7 & 8), toolkits and workshops to officers and staff across the UK who wish to develop their leadership and management skills.
The eco-system needed to be underpinned by a bespoke virtual learning environment that would act as the “backbone” to deliver across Police Forces, and provide a blended approach for scalable, self-directed learning, accessible at all times. It needed to provide a consistent approach to leadership and management development across forces.
We worked with the College to build a leadership programme and eco-system which gives 200,000 officers and staff working across the police service access to:
- tailored CMI qualifications at levels 5-8;
- bespoke policing toolkits focusing on leadership and management development (over 150 Police-specific interactive eModules), with different pathways for different users (e.g. Superintendent);
- a sold-out leadership workshop series with over 2,000 places across 30 workshops, spread around numerous forces' venues, featuring world-class trainers and best-selling authors;
- branded learning platform which changes for the Force that logs in;
- a mobile application ('App') for offline viewing which is being pushed out by Forces onto all organisation devices;
- custom diagnostic tools, based on the College's own Competencies and Values Framework, that generate custom reports and recommend content and pathways;
- community forums for peer to peer learning; and
- recognition (CPD certificates and badges).
The first CMI completions have been achieved at L6 and L7 for a number of Forces, and over 2,000 workshop places were sold via a purpose-built, end-to-end booking system.
Feedback from the workshops has been incredible, with some saying they are some of the “best workshops they have attended”.
Over 95% of people would recommend the training to their colleagues, and 100% of people agree that they will be able to apply the learning from the training in their role.
Thousands of individuals have signed up for accounts on the platform and have downloaded the App, and access and positive feedback continues to grow at an exponential rate.
A full programme evaluation will be conducted and we expect to deliver costs-savings for Local Forces.