Moodle 3.9 is here and we are recommending our clients upgrade to this version given:
- it is the last extra long term supported release whilst we wait for Moodle 4.0 (which is not due until the end of 2021). There will be two minor version releases before this (Moodle 3.10 and 3.11) but we are not expecting any large changes in functionality. You can explore the full roadmap here.
- there are lots of great new features. These include:
- H5P integrated. H5P activities can be added and graded. H5P is fully integrated with new admin settings. Store, upload, create and configure H5P from a new content bank.
- Safe Exam Browser. Formerly an experimental setting, SEB is now fully integrated thanks to a community project.
- Clearer navigation in the Book avoids earlier confusion.
- Activity chooser. Specify the tabs in the newly designed Activity chooser.
- Accessibility. Atto editor improvements, clearer focus on selected links are two of the improved accessibility features.
- Participants filter. Search for and filter participants more efficiently
- Bulk delete private files. Remove multiple unwanted private files with this new bulk delete option.
- Badges 2.1. Add new backpacks with Open Badge 2.1 now supported.
- Course copy. Quickly copy courses with a new MUA-funded feature.
You can find the full list of improvements here. Or, just watch the video below.
What new in Moodle 3.9